The skin is the largest organ in your body and you can see it just by a view on a mirror or by using your sense of touch. It is easy to overlook your skin but by doing so, you are exposing it to deterioration and damage. Tender care and attention is necessary to have your skin in proper working condition.
The following are proven ways to have your skin radiant and glowing:
- Use a Pumice Stone
When your skin gets clogged with dead cells, they form a layer that dull your glow and shine. Your skin can only look radiant when it is all smooth and able to reflect light. For people who are less than 20 years old, skin cells gets replaced every 28 days; hence the bloom of noticeable youth. At over 20, your skin turnover is reduced to about 40 days, so skin cells lose their glow as dead layers pile up with ease. By using a pumice stone on a periodic basis by the time you are 40 years old, you are able to renew your skin. You can do this on an average of two weeks intervals.
Taking this step when you bath at night rather than in the morning is helpful as it can get gunk expelled from your body all through the day.
- Use Glow Oil
Glow oils are common to come by and any of the botanical oils will really do. They are reputed to contain lipids that are also present in your skin which acts as a natural moisture barrier. You can decide to use coconut oil as it is easy to procure from herbal and grocery stores. It contains fatty acids and is readily absorbed by your skin, you are sure to be all brightened up with a long-lasting glow on your skin with continual use.
It is preferred to use glow oil in order to avoid a jarring look with your face radiant and your body looking dull as often results when you use body lotion. You should smooth the oil over your shoulders, collarbones and behind you to get an evident shine.
To get clear skin with ease, one ingredient that you can pounce on with no side effect is lemon. Rich in citric acid, it is able to spur removal of dead skin layers and its vitamin C content clears out dark spots with the skin renewal process. It is also capable of bleaching thereby helping your skin complexion to take on a radiant hue.
- Get fresh lemon juice and dab over your face and neck area. Wait for about ten minutes before washing off using lukewarm water. You can apply cucumber after this to soften and moisturize your skin. You can do this on a daily basis but make sure you apply cucumber by the slices.
- Lemon juice from a half cut squeezed to a platter and mixed with two tablespoon measure of honey also does a great job. Leave it for up to 20 minutes after rubbing it on your face before washing it off.
Turmeric is the main spice found in curry and it functions as a natural antiseptic capable of alleviating infectious skin conditions, inflammation and skin warts. It is an efficient antiseptic agent that you can deploy to keep your skin radiant and blooming.
Turmeric is also effective in minimizing scars and is able to help with skin-lightening with no side effects.
Honey has been used for thousands of years to keep man’s skin clear and well moisturized. It works as an efficient moisturizer and with its antibacterial constituents; it is able to ward off infections.
- Raw honey can be applied directly to your skin and when dry, wash off with lukewarm water .Honey with its minimal water content is capable of deeply moisturizing your skin to make it supple and soft. Doing this once in two days is recommended.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is reputed with many properties that boost good health and glowing skin. There are antibacterial properties in Aloe Vera that kill off acne, prevent skin irritation and spurs healing of scars. It is able to stimulate fresh growth of skin cells and capable of moisturizing your skin with regular use.
- Drain aloe Vera gel from the leaf
- Use a cotton ball to apply to your face
- Leave for up to 30 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
- Do this several times a week for best results.
Papaya is pear-shaped and a spherical fruit that occurs naturally in many parts of globe and is capable of growing up to 20 inches. The common variant seen in markets comes to about 7 inches in size but they retain the same active ingredients like papain that is deployed in pharmaceutical remedies.
Papaya is rich in E, C and A Vitamins and is infused with anti-oxidant constituents that rejuvenate skin cells with ease. Alpha hydroxyl acids are richly supplied in papaya and they work effectively as exfoliates capable of dealing a blow to blemishes, acne and similar skin infections.
- Add raw papaya mash of 2 tablespoons measure to a tablespoon measure of honey and mix with fresh lemon juice (½ teaspoon measure)
- Rub on your face and wash off with warm water after 15 minutes
- Apply cold water to your face to ease your cells.
- For a beautiful, radiant skin, do this once a week.
Cucumbers are used as astringent remedies and they contain hydrating and nourishing properties that are necessary for a healthy skin glow and radiance. They are capable of improving your skin appearance, repair damaged skin cells and exfoliate dead skin layers.
- Thin slices of fresh cucumber should be rubbed on your face thoroughly before you go to sleep. Rinse off in the morning with warm water. This routine can be done daily till you are comfortable with your skin glow.
- It can also be used with lemon juice, honey to make a mask which you need to wash off when dry. Daily use is also recommended
There are several methods by which you can get the best skin that you’ve ever had. Nourishing the skin from inside and out can help you gain these advantages and keep your skin health intact. Another way is to find out the best supplements that are available for your skin, like here best vitamin c serums for face (2016’s Top 5) which can drastically give you better skin and increased skin health.